IC1396 in Cepheus
(RA 21h 36m, DEC +57d 30m)
- Instrument: AstroPhysics 130EDT Refractor (130mm-f/8) with integrated Field Flattener and Off Axis Guider
- Filters: Red - OG-590, Green & Blue - Custom designed with two types of Schott glass each
- Exposure: Red - 180 mins, Green - 180 mins, Blue - 180 mins
- Film: Kodak Tech Pan 2415
- Developer: D19, 10 minutes
- Location: Chews Ridge, California, El. 5000ft (121d 34' 03" W & 36d 18' 35" N) and Hidden Hill Observatory, California, El. 2500ft (121d 28' 59" W & 37d 24' 05" N)
- Date: Summer 1998 & 1999
- Digital Processing Employed: Basic Levels and Curves to stretch contrast and balance color plus image gamma was raised to enhance viewing on average monitors.
- Comments: This photo was assembled based on tests run by photographing a Kodak Gray Scale card in tricolor.
Back to Astrophoto Page