IC4592 - Faint Reflection Nebula in Scorpio
(RA 16h 12m, DEC -19d 20m)
- Instrument: AstroPhysics 130EDT Refractor (130mm-f/8) with integrated Field Flattener and Off Axis Guider
- Filters: Red - OG-590, Green & Blue - Custom designed with two types of Schott glass each
- Exposure: Red - 2 x 75 mins, Green - 150 & 135 mins, Blue - 150 & 135 mins
- Film: Kodak Tech Pan 2415
- Developer: D19, 10 minutes
- Location: Chews Ridge, California, El. 5000ft (121d 34' 03" W & 36d 18' 35" N) and Hidden Hill Observatory, California, El. 2500ft (121d 28' 59" W & 37d 24' 05" N)
- Date: May/June 2001 New Moon Period
- Digital Processing Employed: Contrast stretch occured all in the prescanning software. Photoshop was used to balance the background.
- Comments: A stack of 2 negatives was used in each channel to enhance the contrast of the faint nebula.
Back to Astrophoto Page