M33 - The Pinwheel Galaxy in Triangulum
(RA 01h 34m, DEC +30d 40m)
- Instrument: AstroPhysics 155-EDF Refractor (155mm-f/7) with Field Flattener and Off Axis Guider
- Filters: Red - OG-590, Green & Blue - Custom designed with two types of Schott glass each
- Exposure: Red - 2x90 mins, Green - 180 mins, Blue - 180 mins
- Film: Kodak Tech Pan 2415
- Developer: D19, 10 minutes
- Location: Mountain Ranch, California, El. 2480ft (120d 30' 02" W & 38d 14' 01" N)
- Date: September 2003
- Digital Processing Employed: Basic Levels and Curves to stretch contrast and balance color plus image gamma was raised to enhance viewing on average monitors.
- Comments: This photo was assembled based on tests run by photographing a Kodak Gray Scale card in tricolor.
Back to Astrophoto Page